Looking back on 2013, I feel blessed. I used to look back and see failure for all that I had hoped to do and couldn't quite accomplish, but I'm trying to better myself and look at the everyday accomplishments, no matter how big or small, and give myself a little pat on the back for those sucesses instead of feeling deflated at the end of the day knowing that my to-do list is twice as long as it was at the start of the day. (If you stay home with small children, you know what I mean! Sometimes we just have those days where you have to sit back and say to yourself, "I fed them and kept them alive today....that's an accomplishment!")
Here's some highlights from last year that I can say I am truly proud of and top my list of accomplishments!
1. I refinished a table for my Craft Room/Guest Bedroom. I have done a TON of projects on this table and the finish has held up wonderfully. For that, I am giving myself a pat on the back, even if the rest of the room STILL needs to be finished! At least I have somewhere to work:)
2. My Instagram Shadow box that I created for Carsons Room was featured in Jot magazine. Very proud moment for me!
3. I completed Carsons Room AND had it featured on Young House Love! For me this was by far the most exciting moment of 2013!
4. I went to High Point Market. My dear blogging friend Nancy invited me along and I jumped at the chance to go! We had a blast and it was so great meeting her in person.
5. We installed a backsplash in the kitchen. This has been on our to-do list since we moved in 5 years ago, and I couldn't be happier with it! I also painted and added a new rug, which were part of my mini-kitchen update plans. More to come on this soon.....
4. I stenciled my Powder Room. I've always wanted to wallpaper a room in my home, but didn't want to spend the dough. I've been obsessed with Foix Bois wallpaper and this stencil was by far a more economic way to get the same look for less!
And what will 2014 have in store?! To top the list was yesterdays announcement that I have joined the incredible team over at Remodelaholic as one of their two Mood Board contributors!
What you can expect from me is a monthly mood board to give you tips, tricks and inspiration for your home. I'm very excited for this new adventure and can't wait to share my first post with you next week!
This past year I've also been working on some behind the scenes edesign. I am loving this new direction and you can begin to see much more of this from me, starting with a collaboration with a local blogging friend of mine! I created two room design plans for her home and she will be sharing her progress as she DIYs her way through the transformation!
As far as house projects are concerned, I am going to focus on finally finishing the last few details on the boys bathroom and my Craft Room/Guest Bedroom and have those reveals for you soon.
I am also working on updating my Family Room and Kitchen. Nothing to major here...just some new fabrics, paint and a few small pieces of furniture to freshen up the space.
And finally, I really want to add a gallery wall (or two). I have to admit I'm one of those terrible parents who takes tons of photos and leaves them out there in cyber space. My goal is to actually print those pictures and hang them up!! I also need to create more photo albums for my kids. I used to love to scrapbook, but that takes so much time and it has completely fallen to the wayside. I am going to try Project Life this year to catalog and journal all my instagram photos. Have any of you ever tried Project Life before?
On a personal level, I am going to focus on a few things to better myself and my blog. Deep breath....here goes:
- Manage my time better.
- Get organized and try to stay organized. (Thats the hardest part!)
- Just put it out there and not worry if its not perfect! This is a biggie for me and has held me back form showing you more of my home because I feel its not perfect or finished. I need to stop comparing myself to my idols and just be content and proud of my home.
- Celebrate the accomplishments and learn from the failures, then move on.
- Make way for more happiness and rid myself of any negativity in my life. I want to make my home a happier place to live in...both visually and emotionally. That means stressing less over the little things and embracing lifes crazy, messy moments. We only have one family, one life, and time is flying by.
I wish all of you a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2014! Thank-you so much for sticking by me and celebrating all the little (and Big) moments here on the blog. I love all my readers and appreciate you more than you know:)
New here? Don't miss a thing! Get posts delivered directly to your inbox! Click here to subscribe!